Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Interview with Fantasy Author Gloria Oliver

My Interview with Fantasy Author Gloria Oliver

Q: When did you write your first book?

A: My first manuscript is unpublished and written in my late teens. I hope to one day pull it out and fix it up as it basically reeks of my cluelessness about the craft at the time. But it did show me I could go the distance and write an entire book.

The manuscript which eventually did get published was my second one and came indirectly from my husband. He created a world and characters for a role playing campaign in a fictional Japan that I fell in love with. I liked the characters and the idea of them so much I just had to use them to tell a story. And so “In the Service of the Samurai” was born. I was in my mid twenties at the time. Thought I didn’t actually get to publish it till several years later.

Click Here to read more of my interview with Gloria Oliver!

No comments: